Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Xavier NOPRE <xn...@netceler.com> on 2001/11/05 12:03:34 UTC

TC 4 + Apache

Hi,

I have problems running Tomcat 4.0.1 with Apache 1.3.22 (under Windows NT 4
SP5). The configuration is OK. I have searched on the web, I have read much
post in this mailing-list, but I cannot finc any solution:

- I try directly to display a JSP :
http://myhost/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp : it's OK

- I try to display the page presenting JSP examples
http://xavier/examples/jsp/index.html : the page is displayed without icons,
the browser cannot download icons. Then I cannot display any JSP, the system
seems to be blocked somewhere ...

Any idea ? Why  the browser cannot access icons ?

Thanks

Xavier

Re: TC 4 + Apache

Posted by Xavier NOPRE <xn...@netceler.com>.
Hi all,

I have received a mail from Beth Anne Lambrechts who said:

        Don't know if you fixed this or not - had the same
        problem - changed the DocumentRoot to the
        Tomcat/webapps directory in my virtual host in the
        apache httpd.conf and examples came right up.

I have changed the DocumentRoot in httpd.conf to Tomcat/webapps/examples,
and the page http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html
 is displayed with icons. But this is not a good solution. It seems that
images are searched by apache not by tomcat ....

Any idea ?

Xavier