Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by dorian taylor <do...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/24 05:02:16 UTC

Apache2::Reload and fatal warnings

Hey guys, been a while.

Was wondering about the behaviour of Apache2::Reload in modules that
use warnings FATAL => 'all'; it croaks with a Subroutine foo redefined
error which of course is remedied by no warnings 'redefine' in the
offending module. Is there a way to incorporate that into
Apache2::Reload itself or is the scope too narrow?

Dorian Taylor
http://doriantaylor.com/

Re: Apache2::Reload and fatal warnings

Posted by Ryan Gies <ry...@livesite.net>.
On 11/23/2009 11:02 PM, dorian taylor wrote:
> Hey guys, been a while.
>
> Was wondering about the behaviour of Apache2::Reload in modules that
> use warnings FATAL =>  'all'; it croaks with a Subroutine foo redefined
> error which of course is remedied by no warnings 'redefine' in the
> offending module. Is there a way to incorporate that into
> Apache2::Reload itself or is the scope too narrow?
>
> Regards,

Set the unload method as so:

   $ModPerl::Util::DEFAULT_UNLOAD_METHOD = 'unload_package_xs';

and you will be good to go.  I am running with a prefork mpm and use
this to aid with thread, i.e., process, reuse issues:

<IfModule prefork.c>
     StartServers       1
     MinSpareServers    1
     MaxSpareServers    1
     ServerLimit        1
     MaxClients         1
     MaxRequestsPerChild  4000
</IfModule>

The above pragma will also eliminate 'Prototype mismatch' warnings.

Cheers,
-Ryan

OT, would this be better posted to modperl@perl.apache.org?