Posted to triplesoup-dev@incubator.apache.org by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> on 2007/02/21 22:24:18 UTC

[proposal] two bulk updates to libb

Hi gang,

Revision 510255 is an initial import of libb as Joost put it on the
web a while back. I would like to suggest that, before we move it
into code/trunk proper, we allow for two bulk updates

   (1) to synchronize with changes made in Joost's repository from
r52393 through r57733 (or thereabouts),
       improvements including

       * proper autotools-based build
       * initial journalling support
       * some smaller misc. fixes and improvements

   (2) to make the license headers and notice files compliant with
ASF policy

The reason to do (1) first and then (2) is that its easier :-)

Any objections to this? (of course, there'd still be ample
opportunity to object to the specifics of the code later, or better
yet, fix it, this is just about the process :-))

These would be the last two bulk updates; after which some Joost
people (a.k.a. baku :-)) will have to figure out how to juggle things
around so we can work directly inside the ASF SVN repository...its a
bit of challenge since its sorta all embedded in two continuously
merged vendor branches with special patches on top; great fun :-)

cheers,

- Leo

Re: Daft question...

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Mar 23, 2007, at 7:40 AM, David Reid wrote:
> where are we at?

Mostly still waiting for some things...

  * waiting for you to upload mod_sparql (fax was recced)
  * waiting for baku (a.k.a. andrea) to find some time/energy
    to get back to B (initial drop is in, want to merge some
    changes from Joost's repo to over here)
  * waiting for Jim (the ASF Secretary) to record receipt of two
    faxes from Dirk & Alberto
  * waiting for Dave's employer's lawyers to review and approve
    some legal stuff so he can sign an ICLA

...in the meantime me, Garrett and Aaron have been amusing ourselves
with some logo / website stuff, eg jira issue TRIPLES-5 and the stuff
inside

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/triplesoup/site/
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/triplesoup/site/design/

and with some "how would we test this stuff", eg the little tidbits
of code currently inside

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/triplesoup/code/trunk/

(the answer seems to be Apache::Test).

cheers!

/LSD

Daft question...

Posted by David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>.
Silly question perhaps, but where are we at?

I really should start paying more attention ;-)

Re: [proposal] two bulk updates to libb

Posted by David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>.
Leo Simons wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> Revision 510255 is an initial import of libb as Joost put it on the web
> a while back. I would like to suggest that, before we move it into
> code/trunk proper, we allow for two bulk updates
>
>   (1) to synchronize with changes made in Joost's repository from r52393
> through r57733 (or thereabouts),
>       improvements including
>
>       * proper autotools-based build
>       * initial journalling support
>       * some smaller misc. fixes and improvements
>
>   (2) to make the license headers and notice files compliant with ASF
> policy
>
> The reason to do (1) first and then (2) is that its easier :-)
>
> Any objections to this? (of course, there'd still be ample opportunity
> to object to the specifics of the code later, or better yet, fix it,
> this is just about the process :-))
>
> These would be the last two bulk updates; after which some Joost people
> (a.k.a. baku :-)) will have to figure out how to juggle things around so
> we can work directly inside the ASF SVN repository...its a bit of
> challenge since its sorta all embedded in two continuously merged vendor
> branches with special patches on top; great fun :-)

Seems like a reasonable plan to me, as long as the incubator powers that
be don't mind of course.