Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Chris Saint-Amant <ch...@st-amant.net> on 2002/04/03 05:02:29 UTC

Params at command line

Hi,

I'm having a problem passing parameters to a stylesheet using the Xalan
command line app.

When I call: ./Xalan -p id foo portfolio.xml test.xsl
...the param "id" never gets passed to the stylesheet.  I've also tried
things like -p id 'foo' or -p id "foo" but nothing seems to work.

I've been testing using the following XSL:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
version="1.0">

	<xsl:output method="html" indent="yes"/>

	<xsl:param name="id">default</xsl:param>

	<xsl:template match="/">
		ID: <xsl:value-of select="$id" />
	</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

When I don't pass any parameter to the command line, it echoes "ID:
default", but when I _do_ pass the parameter, it just echoes "ID: ".
Anyone else experience this?  I am using Xalan build 1.2.

-Chris Saint-Amant <ch...@st-amant.net>