Posted to users@deltaspike.apache.org by bu...@dakosy.de on 2015/11/09 10:25:15 UTC

Antwort: Re: session cookie dropped by internet explorer 11

Hi Thomas,

I just want to try disabling the window handling as you described below
when I found the following in the documentation:

"LAZY [...] Therefore it could happen that @ViewAccessScoped or other
scopes will unintentionally be destroyed."

What do you mean with other scopes? Is it possible that the session scope
will unintentionally be destroyed?

Regards,
Marco

Von:
Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>
An:
users@deltaspike.apache.org,
Datum:
23.09.2015 09:44
Re: session cookie dropped by internet explorer 11

Hi,

we do some cookie dropping in the windowhandling but this should only
affect the cookies for the windowhandling:
https://github.com/apache/deltaspike/blob/master/deltaspike/modules/jsf/impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/deltaspike/windowhandler.js#L248

https://github.com/apache/deltaspike/blob/master/deltaspike/modules/jsf/impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/deltaspike/windowhandler.js#L309

https://github.com/apache/deltaspike/blob/master/deltaspike/modules/jsf/impl/src/main/java/org/apache/deltaspike/jsf/impl/component/window/WindowIdHtmlRenderer.java#L97

Could you try to disable the whole window handling and check if it still
occurs?
You can do that via:

@Specializespublic class MyJsfModuleConfig extends JsfModuleConfig
{
    @Override
    public ClientWindowConfig.ClientWindowRenderMode
getDefaultWindowMode()
    {
        return ClientWindowConfig.ClientWindowRenderMode.NONE;
    }
}

Also make sure that you DON'T add the ds:windowId component to your
views for this test.

If the problem still occurs, i have no idea sorry.

Regards,

Thomas

> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure if you can help me in this case, but you are my last chance
> after contacting RedHat support and using stackoverflow.
>
> In one of our projects we've migrated a web application to JSF 2.1,
> RichFaces 4.5.9.Final and JBoss EAP 6.3. And we've also added DeltaSpike
> 1.4.1 to that project.
>
> After that, we are facing some problems with session cookies in Internet
> Explorer 11. I found information that IE11 has problems with session
> cookies, but it seems that this problems are not in general, because I
> only found few information regarding this.
>
> The problem is, when a user is working with Internet Explorer 11,
> sometimes the user will be kicked out randomly before the session expiry
> time exceeds.
>
> For example a user kicked out after around one hour while the user was
> active during that time. The log file contains no exceptions or any
other
> information that are in conjunction with it. Only our registrated
> SessionListener logged out that a new session was created. After five
> hours (we've set the session-timeout value to "300" (5h) in web.xml) the
> SessionListener also logged out the the first session (before the user
> kicked out) was destroyed.
>
> The access logging shows that the client simply stopped providing the
> session cookie to JBoss.
>
> We've already contacted RedHat support regarding this and they told us:
> "Since the container isn't expiring or removing the session here and it
is
> only seen on IE, it looks like it is an unfortunate IE bug dropping the
> session."
>
> Is there anyone else who noticed the same behavior when working with
IE11?

Re: Re: Re: Re: session cookie dropped by internet explorer 11

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

per default the deltaspike-jsf-module-impl is not included in the
playground pom as different profiles needs different versions of the impl
module (EE6 / EE7).
You can just temp add the dependency in the pom or run via:
mvn clean package -Prun-wildfly-8.0.0

You can find other run profiles in the playground pom.

Regards,
Thomas

> [...]
> > overwriting getDefaultWindowMode().
> >
> > Do you have any idea why CLIENTWINDOW is not working in my case?
> >
> > Thanks & regards
> > Marco
> >

> > Von:
> > Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>
> > An:
> > users@deltaspike.apache.org,
> > Datum:
> > 09.11.2015 10:30
> > Re: Re: session cookie dropped by internet explorer 11
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > no, only scopes which are based on the WindowContext / window handling.
> > Currently ViewAccessScoped, WindowScoped, GroupedConversationScoped.
> >
> > Could you please create a issue to fix/enhance the part of the
> > documentation you posted? Thanks.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Thomas

> > > Hi Thomas,
> > >
> > > I just want to try disabling the window handling as you described below
> > > when I found the following in the documentation:
> > >
> > > "LAZY [...] Therefore it could happen that @ViewAccessScoped or other
> > > scopes will unintentionally be destroyed."
> > >
> > > What do you mean with other scopes? Is it possible that the session
> > scope
> > > will unintentionally be destroyed?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Marco
> > >

> > > Von:
> > > Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>
> > > An:
> > > users@deltaspike.apache.org,
> > > Datum:
> > > 23.09.2015 09:44
> > > Re: session cookie dropped by internet explorer 11
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > we do some cookie dropping in the windowhandling but this should only
> > > affect the cookies for the windowhandling:
> > >

> https://github.com/apache/deltaspike/blob/master/deltaspike/modules/jsf/impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/deltaspike/windowhandler.js#L248
> >

> https://github.com/apache/deltaspike/blob/master/deltaspike/modules/jsf/impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/deltaspike/windowhandler.js#L309
> >

> https://github.com/apache/deltaspike/blob/master/deltaspike/modules/jsf/impl/src/main/java/org/apache/deltaspike/jsf/impl/component/window/WindowIdHtmlRenderer.java#L97
> >

> > > Could you try to disable the whole window handling and check if it
> still
> > > occurs?
> > > You can do that via:
> > >
> > > @Specializespublic class MyJsfModuleConfig extends JsfModuleConfig
> > > {
> > >     @Override
> > >     public ClientWindowConfig.ClientWindowRenderMode
> > > getDefaultWindowMode()
> > >     {
> > >         return ClientWindowConfig.ClientWindowRenderMode.NONE;
> > >     }
> > > }
> > >
> > > Also make sure that you DON'T add the ds:windowId component to your
> > > views for this test.
> > >
> > > If the problem still occurs, i have no idea sorry.

Antwort: Re: Re: Re: session cookie dropped by internet explorer 11

Posted by bu...@dakosy.de.
Hi,

[...]

Von:
Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>
An:
users@deltaspike.apache.org,
Datum:
16.11.2015 15:15

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> [...]

> > > kicked out) was destroyed.
> > >
> > > The access logging shows that the client simply stopped providing the
> > > session cookie to JBoss.
> > >
> > > We've already contacted RedHat support regarding this and they told
> us:
> > > "Since the container isn't expiring or removing the session here and
> it
> > is
> > > only seen on IE, it looks like it is an unfortunate IE bug dropping
> the
> > > session."
> > >
> > > Is there anyone else who noticed the same behavior when working with
> > IE11?
> > >
> > > Because we've added DeltaSpike to the project and we don't facing this
> > > issue before, maybe DeltaSpike causing the problems in IE11. So maybe
> > you
> > > have any idea how we can solve the issue?

Antwort: Re: Re: session cookie dropped by internet explorer 11

[...]

Von:
Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>
An:
users@deltaspike.apache.org,