Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "BARBERA Florian (CIMPA)" <Fl...@airbus.com> on 2003/11/19 15:22:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Shutting down Apache 2.0.48

Hi,

I'm working on a professionnal application that needs to launch Apache on
different windows platforms (98, NT, 2000, XP). On the documentation I see
that I should be able to stop Apache using Apache -k shutdown in console
mode. But it does not work... And I do not have to use Apache as a service
because og Win 98.

What's more I didn't find this bug on the Apache bug report site.

I know that I'm not the only one that has the problem. Does someone have a
solution to fix it, knowing that i cannot send a Control C signal to my
process...

Do you know if the Apache fundation works on the problem ?

Thanks,

Florian Barbera
Toulouse
France

Re: [users@httpd] Shutting down Apache 2.0.48

Posted by Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net>.
From: "BARBERA Florian (CIMPA)"

> I'm working on a professionnal application

In what computer language?

> that needs to launch Apache on
> different windows platforms (98, NT, 2000, XP).
> On the documentation I see that I should be able
> to stop Apache using Apache -k shutdown in console
> mode. But it does not work... And I do not have to use
> Apache as a service because og Win 98.

Windows Scripting should do this.

ScriptCenter
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

> Does someone have a solution to fix it, knowing
> that i cannot send a Control C signal to my process...

On Windows 9X one will need to
kill all the Apache processes and the
command line (command prompt or
command.com) window process that
started the Apache Windows web server.

Try these:

Processes
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/process/default.asp

Creating and Terminating Processes
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scrguide/sas_prc_wmdh.asp

Create process
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=process+create+group%3Amicrosoft.public.scripting.*

Kill process
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=process+kill+group%3Amicrosoft.public.scripting.*&btnG=Google+Search

Terminate Process
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=process+terminate+group%3Amicrosoft.public.scripting.*&btnG=Google+Search

PsTools
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml

Using PsKill
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=psKill+group%3Amicrosoft.public.scripting.*&btnG=Google+Search

If the Windows OS is Window9x or Windows
NT 4.0, one might need to (re)install the WMI
core. All the other Windows OS versions already
have WMI installed.

WMI CORE 1.5 for Windows 95/98
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=18492

WMI CORE 1.5 for Windows NT 4.0