Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com> on 2007/01/10 22:29:47 UTC

What Are Current POI Release Plans?

Hi-

OK. There was an attempt at a POI 3.alpha3 release last month, and
Jakarta got into a big snit because it wasn't done right, etc. Then
there has been a whole lot of effort to get everything updated to the
current Jakarta standards. (This is the short version and I don't
care about all the details as there is a long, long thread on Jakarta
General about it.)

Where is POI now? Is it almost time to vote for an actual release?

IMHO the next release might as well be a "final" or "RC" one and not
"alpha" or "beta"

Could someone (Nick?) please provide a roadmap?

I know that Yegor wants to do some HSLF refactoring to contribute
some of the style improvements that he has already completed for me.
He doesn't have every feature covered yet and this shouldn't
necessarily block anything.

Best Regards,
Dave Fisher

Re: Build/release stuff WAS Re: What Are Current POI Release Plans?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Avik Sengupta wrote:
>> 2. Add a some trademark usage words (like that on
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/legal.html
>
> I was never a fan or stating the obvious, but that'll probably make me a bad
> lawyer. What's the apache legal team view on stuff like this? Have they
> approved the tomcat page? I'm loath to do this without some sort of official
> word....
>
> regards
> -
> Avik

The legal team have approved the wording (they actually made a few
changes) and were very much for the idea of having the text. It came
out of some commercial projects unintentionally infringing the Tomcat
trademark. If we had had the text in place before the discussions with
them started it would have made the whole process a lot smoother.

Mark

Re: Build/release stuff WAS Re: What Are Current POI Release Plans?

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
It full project name is (still) officially Apache Jakarta POI, although I don't think we should
exclude Apache POI and Jakarta POI from the list of not allowed TM usage..

IANAL

Mvgr,
Martin

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
[...]

section 6 of Apache License, Version 2.0 (current).

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
Hi -

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
Thanks for the effort Mark.

Can I  just ask that if you're doing any changes to the build, you run it past
this list, since it'll interest everybody?

Thanks
-
Avik

functions with empty parameterlist not working?

Posted by Michael Perkonigg <mi...@liland.at>.
Hello,

I'm new to POI and this mailing list.

I tried POI 3.0 and I ran into troubles using Excel functions like
TODAY() with an empty parameter list.

It seems that in the FormulaParser class in Ident at the end of the
method an empty parameter list is taken as a cell reference:

        } else {
            //this can be either a cell ref or a named range !!
            boolean cellRef = true ; //we should probably do it with reg
exp??
            boolean boolLit = (name.equals("TRUE") || name.equals("FALSE"));
            if (boolLit) {
                tokens.add(new BoolPtg(name));
            } else if (cellRef) {
                tokens.add(new ReferencePtg(name));
            }else {
                //handle after named range is integrated!!
            }
        }
    }

This results in a formula string like:

TODAY(ATTR(semiVolatile))

which excepts:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid Formula cell reference:
'SEMIVOLATILE'
    at org.apache.poi.hssf.util.CellReference.<init>(CellReference.java:47)

Actually it strikes me that this semiVolatile might be created much
earlier and the Ident just assumes it must be a cell reference...

Is that a bug and is someone working at it or is there no hope for a
solution soon?

Thanks in advance for any comments,
Mike

functions with empty parameterlist not working?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@buni.org>.

Mark Thomas wrote:
> Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>
>> -1 for granting karma for a promise to commit.  Past experience teaches
>> us that patches come first.
>>

> Fair enough. I'll create a bugzilla entry once I have some patches
> ready to go.
>
> Mark
>

>> Martin van den Bemt wrote:
>>
>>> If the current POI committers don't have an objection, I can add the
>>> necessary karma.
>>>
>>> Mvgr,
>>> Martin

No PST Files Ever Again
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
Email, Calendaring, ease of configuration/administration
http://buni.org

Re: Build/release stuff WAS Re: What Are Current POI Release Plans?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@buni.org>.

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
Most important  issue was the file headers. Been fixed. Key signing needs to
be arranged.

Everything else (IMO) was a wishlist and/or general QA issue, not unexpected
in an alpha release.

Regards
-
Avik

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
Nick,

Thanks.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> We still have files without the proper ASF header.

I have patches ready to go for all of these and a few others. I've
just seen Martin has enabled my commit access so I should have these
fixed soon - I want to do a few more tests before committing.

The committers repository contains a couple of useful licensing tools.
I have been using insert_license.pl that does a good audit of all file
types (properties, java, html, xml etc)

Mark

Re[2]: Build/release stuff WAS Re: What Are Current POI Release Plans?

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
We still have files without the proper ASF header.

Run the following command from the trunk directory:

$grep -rL "Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation" . | grep .java$

./src/java/org/apache/poi/ddf/EscherBitmapBlip.java
./src/java/org/apache/poi/hpsf/SummaryInformation.java
./src/java/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/aggregates/ColumnInfoRecordsAggregate.java
./src/java/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFPicture.java
./src/java/org/apache/poi/util/DoubleList2d.java
./src/java/org/apache/poi/util/IntList2d.java
./src/java/org/apache/poi/util/List2d.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hslf/model/MasterSheet.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hslf/model/Picture.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hslf/record/Comment2000.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hslf/record/CString.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hslf/record/ParentAwareRecord.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hslf/record/PPDrawingGroup.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/AddEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/Area2DEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/Area3DEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/AreaEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/BlankEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/BoolEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/ConcatEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/DivideEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/EqualEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/ErrorEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/Eval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/FunctionEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/FuncVarEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/GreaterEqualEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/GreaterThanEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/LessEqualEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/LessThanEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/MultiplyEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/NotEqualEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/NumberEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/NumericOperationEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/NumericValueEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/OperationEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/PowerEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/Ref2DEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/Ref3DEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/RefEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/RelationalOperationEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/StringEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/StringOperationEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/StringValueEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/SubtractEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/UnaryMinusEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/UnaryPlusEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/ValueEval.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/ValueEvalToNumericXlator.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Abs.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Absref.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Acos.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Acosh.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Activecell.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Address.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/And.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Areas.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Argument.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Asc.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Asin.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Asinh.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Atan.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Atan2.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Atanh.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Avedev.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Average.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Averagea.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Betadist.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Betainv.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Binomdist.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/BooleanFunction.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Call.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Caller.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Ceiling.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Cell.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Char.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Chidist.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Chiinv.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Chitest.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Choose.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Clean.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Code.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Column.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Columns.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Combin.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Concatenate.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Confidence.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Correl.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Cos.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Cosh.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Count.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Counta.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Countblank.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Countif.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Covar.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Critbinom.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Customrepeat.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Date.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Datedif.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Datestring.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Datevalue.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Daverage.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Day.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Days360.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Db.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dbcs.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dcount.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dcounta.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Ddb.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Degrees.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Deref.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Devsq.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dget.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dmax.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dmin.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dollar.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dproduct.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dstdev.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dstdevp.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dsum.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dvar.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Dvarp.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Echo.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Error.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Errortype.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Evaluate.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Even.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Exact.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Exec.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Exp.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Expondist.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Fact.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/False.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Fdist.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Files.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/FinanceFunction.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/FinanceLib.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Find.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Findb.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Finv.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Fisher.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Fisherinv.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Fixed.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Floor.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Forecast.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Formulaconvert.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Fpos.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Frequency.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Ftest.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Function.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Fv.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Gammadist.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Gammainv.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Gammaln.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Geomean.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Goto.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Group.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Growth.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Halt.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Harmean.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Help.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Hlookup.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Hour.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Hyperlink.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Hypgeomdist.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/If.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Index.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Indirect.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Info.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Initiate.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Input.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Int.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Intercept.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Ipmt.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Irr.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Isblank.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Iserr.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/IsError.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Islogical.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/IsNa.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Isnontext.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Isnumber.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Ispmt.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Isref.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Istext.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Kurt.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Large.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Lasterror.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Left.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Leftb.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Len.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Lenb.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Linest.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Links.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Ln.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Log.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Log10.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Logest.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/LogicalFunction.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Loginv.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Lognormdist.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Lookup.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Lower.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Match.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/MathX.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Max.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Maxa.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Mdeterm.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Median.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Mid.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Midb.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Min.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Mina.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Minute.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Minverse.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Mirr.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Mmult.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Mod.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Mode.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Month.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/MultiOperandNumericFunction.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/N.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Na.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Names.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Negbinomdist.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Normdist.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Norminv.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Normsdist.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Normsinv.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Not.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Note.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/NotImplementedFunction.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Now.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Nper.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Npv.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Numberstring.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/NumericFunction.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Odd.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Offset.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Or.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Pearson.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Percentile.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Percentrank.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Permut.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Pi.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Pmt.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Poisson.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Power.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Ppmt.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Prob.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Product.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Proper.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Pv.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Quartile.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Radians.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Rand.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Rank.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Rate.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Reftext.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Relref.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Replace.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Replaceb.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Rept.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Request.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Result.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Right.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Rightb.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Roman.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Round.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Rounddown.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Roundup.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Row.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Rows.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Rsq.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Search.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Searchb.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Second.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Series.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Setname.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Setvalue.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Sign.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Sin.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Sinh.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Skew.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Sln.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Slope.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Small.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Sqrt.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Standardize.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/StatsLib.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Stdev.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Stdeva.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Stdevp.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Stdevpa.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Step.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Steyx.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Substitute.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Subtotal.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Sum.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Sumif.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Sumproduct.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Sumsq.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Sumx2my2.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Sumx2py2.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Sumxmy2.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Syd.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/T.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Tan.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Tanh.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Tdist.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Text.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/TextFunction.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Textref.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Time.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Timevalue.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Tinv.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Today.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Transpose.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Trend.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Trim.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Trimmean.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/True.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Trunc.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Ttest.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Type.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Upper.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Usdollar.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Value.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Var.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Vara.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Varp.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Varpa.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Vdb.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Vlookup.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Volatile.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Weekday.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Weibull.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/XYNumericFunction.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Year.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/Ztest.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFFormulaEvaluator.java
./src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hwpf/extractor/WordExtractor.java
./src/scratchpad/testcases/org/apache/poi/hslf/usermodel/TestRichTextRun.java
./src/scratchpad/testcases/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/GenericFormulaTestCase.java
./src/scratchpad/testcases/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/eval/TestEverything.java
./src/scratchpad/testcases/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/AbstractNumericTestCase.java
./src/scratchpad/testcases/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/TestEverything.java
./src/scratchpad/testcases/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/TestFinanceLib.java
./src/scratchpad/testcases/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/TestMathX.java
./src/scratchpad/testcases/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/formula/functions/TestStatsLib.java
./src/scratchpad/testcases/org/apache/poi/hwpf/extractor/TestDifferentRoutes.java
./src/scratchpad/testcases/org/apache/poi/hwpf/extractor/TestWordExtractor.java
./src/testcases/org/apache/poi/hssf/model/TestDrawingManager2.java
./src/testcases/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/TestHSSFWorkbook.java
./src/testcases/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/TestUnicodeWorkbook.java
./src/testcases/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/TestUppercaseWorkbook.java
./src/testcases/org/apache/poi/util/TestDoubleList2d.java
./src/testcases/org/apache/poi/util/TestIntList2d.java
./src/testcases/org/apache/poi/util/TestList2d.java

Looks like every project has files to fix.

Regards,
Yegor

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
No, I didn't find any show stoppers.

Yegor

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
Yegor is often off the net on weekends cross country skiing or running.

That said here is what I know -

> DF> I'm seeing you clearing lots of POI bugs - this is good.

> There will be much more. By Monday I'm going to close about 30 bugs.
> Just need to create a unit test per bug.

I don't know if Yegor has found any "show stoppers", but the list of
bugs will be shorter and easier for your own review.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@buni.org>.
There is one that I'd like to commit that I have uploaded the patch to
bugzilla before a final.  It is rather serious (Causes HSSF to barf with
an array index exception).  I will commit it once my account gets
straightened out.

Posted by Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de>.

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
ACO> can someone please figure out if we have any other REAL issues and list
ACO> them here?  Some seemed to be "preference" issues of Jakarta members.  I
ACO> do not plan to assist in satiating those.  #2 is a serious issue, we
ACO> should be signing releases.  I will help with any serious legal or
ACO> technical issues as the integrity of POI is important to me / our business.

For HSSF we have 84 open issues in the bugzilla.

I'm going to sort them out.
There are duplicates of already closed bugs or bugs that were fixed but not closed.
It's a good idea to clean up the bug database before the release.

Yegor

Build/release stuff WAS Re: What Are Current POI Release Plans?

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@buni.org>.

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@buni.org>.