Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by tsuna <ts...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/05 09:56:41 UTC

Re: AsyncHBase 1.5.0-rc1 available for download and testing (HBase 0.96 compatibility inside)

Hi all,
RC1 contained a few bugs that managed to escape, so we're cutting a
second RC.  As a bonus, a few new things were added:
  - Add support for deleting one specific KV at a specific timestamp
(instead of all previous KVs) – thanks Xun Liu.
  - Maven compilation is fixed – thanks Stack.
  - Support for prefetching META entries for a given table and a given
key range – thanks Brandon Forehand.

Bugs fixed:
  - Compilation of protobufs on case sensitive filesystems now works (doh!)
  - A race subtle / unlikely condition if we got disconnected from a
RS right after connecting.
  - A couple bugs prevented AsyncHBase from being able to scan -ROOT-
or hbase:meta.
  - With 0.96, no user-generated RPC could be directed at hbase:meta

Pre-compiled JAR: http://tsunanet.net/~tsuna/asynchbase/asynchbase-1.5.0-rc2.jar
Also available for Maven users as 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT on OSS Snapshots.
Source: https://github.com/tsuna/asynchbase
Javadoc: http://tsunanet.net/~tsuna/asynchbase/1.5.0/org/hbase/async/HBaseClient.html

Diffstat between rc1 and rc2:

Shortlog between rc1 ad rc2:

Benoit Sigoure (11):
      Make sure we compile for Java 6.
      Add a note regarding some infuriating limitations of the JRE.
      Fix an edge case in HBase 0.96 one-shot scanners.
      Add/improve a few toString() methods.
      Fix accesses to "hbase:meta".
      Make Scanner usable with -ROOT- / hbase:meta.
      Handle an edge case with `prefetchMeta' related to 0.96 compatibility.
      Update NEWS/THANKS/AUTHORS.
      Fix the distclean rule so we can distclean twice in a row.
      Have pom.xml cleaned during `distclean'.

Brandon Forehand (1):
      Add support for prefetching the meta region.

Phil Smith (1):
      Here's some one-liners to compile and run tests.

St.Ack (1):
      Make mvn build accomodate protobuf files

Xun Liu (1):
      Add support to delete a value at the specified timestamp.

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure

Re: AsyncHBase 1.5.0-rc1 available for download and testing (HBase 0.96 compatibility inside)

Posted by Michael Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

I've been using this RC with what will be hbase 0.96.1 on a small cluster
under light loading and all seems to be basically work.

St.Ack

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. I'm thinking of cutting the 1.5 release today

Please go ahead - my testing would focus on backward compatibility.

Cheers

Posted by tsuna <ts...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Benoit: