Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/07 22:32:11 UTC

Hudson w/ Gradle

I really want to take a crack at converting Tapestry to build using Gradle.
 Does Hudson support Gradle yet?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn
how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Hudson w/ Gradle

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
All due respect, but perhaps its not the tool itself but how it's
current being used. I use Maven day-to-day and we've been cranking
small, independently releasable modules out as part of Tynamo with an
increasing pace (which of course is only one of the projects where I
use Maven) and we just don't have any problem with it. If Tapestry's
build wasn't organized as a monolithic multi-module build where
everything is released together, it'd be far easier to evolve the
different parts of Tapestry independently, and releasing would be much
less of a pain.

Kalle

Re: Hudson w/ Gradle

Posted by françois facon <fr...@gmail.com>.
Feel the same.
Fully agree with Robert
Even if, Like Thiago I use m2eclipse in very good corporate distrib of
eclipse.

Re: Hudson w/ Gradle

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hudson w/ Gradle

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.

Re: Hudson w/ Gradle

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 10:59 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you aren't using Maven day-to-day you may not realize what a huge pain it
> is, especially w.r.t. creating releases.
>
> It also gets in the way of creating new subprojects.
>
> Maven is a sunk cost and you don't keep throwing resources at a sunk cost
> just because its cost you in the past.

BTW
The only thing that gradle isn't supporting (right now) is resolving
repositories that are referenced in the pom.xml files

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Hudson w/ Gradle