Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by akhilesh2u <ak...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/14 18:23:57 UTC

Camel Validator issue a show stopper in production

Hi All,          We are facing a serious problem in production where we are
using the apache camel xsd validator in the routes.           When ever the
input xml is validated with the respective xsd and there are any errors to
it we are catching the error message and based on the line number ,column
number and message content we are dynamically generating our custom error
message.         Suddenly now in production we are facing a issue where if
there any xml validation failures then those error messages line and column
numbers are with -1 and -1. Basically camel validator is not giving the
exact line and column numbers rather it is showing a SaxParserException with
*Line -1 and Column -1*        We really couldn't figure out the problem.If
someone faced this problem could you please suggest us so that we can take
your inputs and get this issue sorted.       Thanks in Advance.

Re: Camel Validator issue a show stopper in production

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Camel Validator just unwrap the exception and if the location information is not there, -1 should be used instead.
So I guess the issue could relate to the xerces, maybe you can consider to upgrade JDK version or the xerces version if you don’t use the one from JDK.

BTW, did you have chance to check the log, you can enable the debug log of  org.apache.camel.processor.validation.DefaultValidationErrorHandler to check if the exception is caught rightly.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by akhilesh2u <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi Willem,

          Could you please provide your inputs as we are still facing the
problem and issue is not resolved.

Re: Camel Validator issue a show stopper in production

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 2:54 PM, akhilesh2u <ak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Willem,
>
>         Could you please let me know if there is any other mode of
> interacting with you to work on it in much closer way to identify the
> solution for this issue.
>
>         This issue fix is very critical for us as we are providing the
> customized error messages based on the line and column numbers.
>
>         It would be really great if you could do this big favor by closely
> looking at this issue as currently we are struck and we are not able to
> identify the root cause of the issue as well we are not able to fix this
> scenario.
>
>         Your timely help would be much appreciated.Thanks in Advance.

If you want to get help faster, then you can contact for commercial support.
http://camel.apache.org/commercial-camel-offerings.html

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: Camel Validator issue a show stopper in production

Posted by akhilesh2u <ak...@gmail.com>.
No Willem. We are not using OSGI.

Re: Camel Validator issue a show stopper in production

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Did you use OSGi?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
It looks the SAXParseException doesn’t has the location information.
Did you change the runtime of your production environment recently?
BTW, it could useful if you can tell us the Java version and Camel version of your application.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com