Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Thumuluri, Sai" <Sa...@VerizonWireless.com> on 2011/03/02 15:09:16 UTC

Solr under Tomcat

Good Morning,
We have deployed Solr 1.4.1 under Tomcat and it works great, however I
cannot find where the index (directory) is created. I set solr home in
web.xml under /webapps/solr/WEB-INF/, but not sure where the data
directory is. I have a need where I need to completely index the site
and it would help for me to stop solr, delete index directory and
restart solr prior to re-indexing the content.

Thanks,
Sai Thumuluri

Re: Solr under Tomcat

Posted by Savvas-Andreas Moysidis <sa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sai,

You can find your index files at:
{%TOMCAT_HOME}\solr\data\index

If you want to clear the index just delete the whole index directory.

Regards,
- Savvas

Re: Solr under Tomcat

Posted by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com>.
Sai,

     The index directory will be in your Solr_home//Conf//data directory..
The path for this directory need to be given where ever you want to
by changing the data-dir path in config XML that is present in the same
//conf folder . You need to stop tomcat service to delete this directory and
then restart tomcat. The tomcat itself generates the data folder at the path
specified in config if this folder is not available. The folder usually has
two sub-folders- index and spell-check

Regards,
Rajani Maski

Re: Solr under Tomcat

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike-

Please start a new thread for this.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 2:47 AM, Mike <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have installed solr instance on tomcat6. When i tried to index the PDF
> file i was able to see the response:
>

> 0
> 479
>

> Query:
> http://localhost:8080/solr/update/extract?stream.file=D:\mike\lucene\apache-solr-1.4.1\example\exampledocs\Struts%202%20Design%20and%20Programming1.pdf&stream.contentType=application/pdf&literal.id=Struts%202%20Design%20and%20Programming1.pdf&defaultField=text&commit=true
>
> But when i tried to search the content in the pdf i could not get any
> results:
>

> 0
> 2
> −
>
> on
> 0
> struts
> 10
> 2.2
>

> Could you please let me know if I am doing anything wrong. It works fine
> when i tried with default jetty server prior to integrating on the tomcat6.
>
> I have followed installation steps from
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat
> (Tomcat on Windows Single Solr app).
>
> Thanks,