Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Ken Treimann <kc...@ncsu.edu> on 2007/11/07 03:51:49 UTC

Trying to implement GShell ssh command (jira issue GSHELL-16)

Hello,

I am attempting to implement this functionality for contribution, but am
running into this issue:

ERROR ComponentLookupException: Unable to lookup component
'org.apache.geronimo.gshell.command.Command', it could not be created

Basically I copied RshCommand, and created a secure channel by adding a
port forwarder using the PortForwardingL example from JSch. In my
initial investigation, I copied RshCommand, made no changes other than
the class name and command ID, ran it, and it successfully opened an rsh
to a rsh-server. After adding the port forwarder, a UserInfo helper
class used by the JSch session, and command-line options for the ssh
user and password, I get the error. I tried to undo everything I did to
return to what previously worked, but I still get the error. There is
some fundamental GShell-ness that I'm missing here, so can anyone give
me a clue where I should start?

Thanks,
-Ken

Re: Trying to implement GShell ssh command (jira issue GSHELL-16)

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
So you all sorted now?

--jason

Posted by Ken Treimann <kc...@ncsu.edu>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.
Ken,

Posted by Ken Treimann <kc...@ncsu.edu>.
Jason,

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, Ken.  I reread that and it seemed a little confusing.  Launch
GShell using "./gsh --debug" (or the windows equivalent) and then run
the command that causes that error.  Please post the resultant stack
trace.

Thanks again.

Jason Warner

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.