Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Andreea Diosteanu <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/02 15:58:50 UTC

Re: create complex Type System

Hello,

I am also trying to create AAE by creating complex type systems as a union
of simple types. I managed to create them manually, but I would like to
create them from java code at runtime.
Can anyone help us?

Thank you,
Andreea

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Not sure exactly what you are asking. Normally the typesystem is
defined in one or more typesystem descriptor files. It is possible to
define types in a component descriptor, but I personally advocate
against this; types are intended to be shared between components, and
so the components should import the same typesystem descriptors.

It is also possible to create a typesystem without any xml files,
using APIs. This is used in Junit test code.
Code is here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-core/src/test/java/org/apache/uima/cas/test/CASTestSetup.java?revision=933273&view=markup

Javadoc here: http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.3.0-incubating/docs/api/index.html

Eddie