Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "Kevin R. Coombes" <ke...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/24 17:23:00 UTC

"proxy host" in template for documentation

  Hi,

I'm assembling a CouchDB application that (for reasons only really known
to the local security people) will have to live behind a reverse proxy.
The application part visible to most users consists of "index.html" and
"documentation.html" files stored as _attachments to the design doc.
The documentation includes several examples of URLs that the users will
be able to invoke to get different subsets of the data programmatically,
and so they have to include the full host name as part of the URL.  That
means I have to insert the correct URL (as seen by the proxy and not the
URL as seen by the CouchDB server sitting a the other end) into quite a
few points in the documentation.

I could, of course, hard-code this part of the URL as many times as it
has to appear in the documentation.  However, it seems to me that there
must be a better way to just have to enter the host once and let a
computer fill it in for me.  What is the most relaxed way to accomplish
this task?

Thanks,
     Kevin