Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Neil Gunton <ne...@nilspace.com> on 2000/12/22 14:48:12 UTC

Re: calling methods within EmbperlObject (was: Possible bug with EmbperlObject and [$ sub $])

Gerald, thanks for the feedback on my EmbperlObject code. I will be
re-working my sites to use the new methodology over Christmas (bah,
humbug), and I will also make a start on some kind of EmbperlObject
tutorial (I will see how it goes, at least it will be a start). I don't
know what format you want the documentation in - do you have any
particular preference that would make it easier for you to integrate? I
assume this will end up on the website, so do you want HTML? Or just
straight text? Or both? If I don't hear from you then I'll just start
off with plain text, it's easy enough to mark up.

> Neil, it isn't so much work to implement this features (some hours, the main
> work on such features is to build the tests) and I would like to implement
> them soon, because I see they are really usefull. Unfortunately we have
> chrismas in front of our door and I will be on holiday until the beginning
> of januray (without any laptop :-) (that's of course only unfortunately for
> you and not for me ;-). I have recently spend much time with Embperl 2.0 and
> of course have to do "some" other work. I try to implement it at the
> beginning of january, but I can't promise you anything.
>
> Sorry, if I can't do it quicker, I also would like to do so

WHAAAAAT? You're taking Christmas off? Have you no loyalty to the
Embperl users? :-)

Have a very good holiday, Gerald!

Thanks again for all your help!

-Neil

p.s. Embperl 2.0 sounds very exciting. I look forward to playing around
with it.

Re: calling methods within EmbperlObject (was: Possible bug with EmbperlObject and [$ sub $])

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
>and I will also make a start on some kind of EmbperlObject
> tutorial

Great!

> do you have any
> particular preference that would make it easier for you to integrate?

pod, please write everything in pod. All the Embperl docs are written in pod
and I have a script that generates the whole Embperl website out of this pod
files. Just a few hints:

=head1 starts a new page on the web
=head2 starts a new paragraph which is separated with a line

Just look at Intro.pod and
http://perl.apache.org/embperl/Intro.pod.cont.html for an example.

> WHAAAAAT? You're taking Christmas off? Have you no loyalty to the
> Embperl users? :-)

Of course I have, otherwise I would turn my computer off after 12 hours of
work, instead of answering questions ;-)

> Have a very good holiday, Gerald!

Thanks (don't worry I have understood your above sentence about "loyalty"
right)

> p.s. Embperl 2.0 sounds very exciting. I look forward to playing around
> with it.

I am looking forward to hear from you :-)

Gerald