Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Tom Stroobants <To...@persgroep.be> on 2006/06/27 09:52:30 UTC

Roller 2.1 (or higher) - OC4J - requestURI + request parameter problem

Hi All,

For some time I have been trying to install the roller software on an
OC4J (Oracle Application Server) container.

I have a working 2.0 version (not really stable, but it does the work
...).

The problems started as from version 2.1 (integration with ACEGI).

I have been debugging the roller source code and I discovered 2 main
problems.

Problem 1:

If you post your credentials in the login form some filterchain is
triggered. One of thesse filters is the AbstractProcessingFilter.

In this filter you have a method called requiresAuthentication and in
this method the getRequestUri is used.

String uri = request.getRequestURI();

I have debugged this on Tomcat and on OC4J. On tomcat the result of the
getRequestUri is: /roller/j_security_check while on OC4J the result is:
/roller/login.jsp

This means that the requiresAuthentication method returns false and I'm
redirected again to the login page ... So a loop ...

If this would be the only problem then we could provide a workaround by
implementing an own custom getRequestUri method, but there is a second
problem.

Problem 2:

When I put my breakpoint at the first line of code that is executed
after the login credentials have been submitted and I check the
requestParmaters ... they are empty !

It seems that the requestParameters are stripped of somewhere ...

For a history of reasons we are bound to OC4J, so changing to another
container is not an option.

Pretty weird stuff he !

Can anyone help ? Give advice ? Adapt the code :-)

Tom.

Re: Roller 2.1 (or higher) - OC4J - requestURI + request parameter problem

Posted by Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com>.
That might be a good question for the Acegi mailing list. If Acegi
works with OC4J then surely this problem has been solved.

- Dave