Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Kaxil Naik <ka...@apache.org> on 2020/11/17 14:02:51 UTC

[Meeting Notes] Airflow 2.0 Dev Call #13 - 16 Nov 2020

I have updated our meeting notes document to summarize the discussion from
our dev call for Airflow 2.0 this Monday.

Thank you all who joined the call.

*Doc Link*:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Meeting+Notes#MeetingNotes-#13:16Nov2020

To all those who attended, can you please double-check and add if I have
missed anything?
To all those who didn't join, if you disagree to anything in
the Summary please voice your opinion.

Also please let me know if someone wants to include an item in Next call's
Agenda.

Including the Summary here too (might potentially break formatting):

*Discussion and Key Decisions*

   - *Make KubernetePodOperator Backwards-compatible*
      - PR: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/12384
      - Release cncf.kubernetes backport-provider package with that PR in
      to make it backwards compatible with 1.10.x
   - *Docs*
      - Add Docs explaining the different components of Airflow, especially
      for users migrating from 1.10.x who are not following community news:
         - Providers
         - Backport-providers
         - Airflow Core
         - Helm Chart
         - Docker Image
      - Existing docs for Providers are at
      https://airflow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/provider-packages.html
   - *Upgrade Checks*
      - *Github Issue: *https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/11112
      - The package will be released separately to 1.10.13.
      - However, there is an on-going discussion whether the sources should
      remain in v1-10-test branch or not.
         - Call to discuss this will happen this Thursday, 19 Nov at 3-4 PM
         GMT. If anyone is interested to join, use this Zoom link
         <https://astronomer.zoom.us/j/93243753399?pwd=U3I5TFM0bXFCZkVFUGpTNUNrQkJwQT09>
         - We will also set a date when this separate package should be
         released and when the alpha/beta will be out to test with
Airflow 1.10.x
         - After the decision, this information will be available on the
         planning page.
      - *Providers Packages*
      - PR <https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/12383> for adding new
      Connections for a Provider using provider.yaml file is out. Each provider
      folder now contains a YAML file that is used for documentation, PR that
      introduced it: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/12304
      - This will be extended to discover Extra links too.
      - For now, this should be sufficient but in future, we can take a
      look at Pytest's plugin mechanism suggested by Ash.
   - *2.0 Beta3*
      - 2.0.0beta3 will be cut by the end of this week
      - Regular betas will be cut every week until we cut RCs
   -

   *Airflow 1.10.13*
   - Milestone: https://github.com/apache/airflow/milestone/7
      - Jarek has cherry-picked more than 300 commits to v1-10-test that
      syncs breeze, Helm Chart changes with Master, updated
dependencies and test
      fixes.
      - Kaxil working on further fixes and cherry-picks and we are
      targeting RCs this Friday

Regards,
Kaxil