Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Kiru Pakkirisamy <ki...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/05/12 02:47:37 UTC

select/limit hanging on large tables

We are trying to benchmark/test Phoenix with large tables.A 'select * from table1 limit 100000' hangs on a 1.4 billion row table (in sqlline.py or SQuirreL)The same select of 1million rows works on smaller table (300 million).Mainly we wanted to create a smaller version of the 1.4 billion table and ran into this issue.Any ideas why this is happening ?We had quite a few problems crossing the 1 billion mark even when loading (using CsvBulkLoadTool) the table.We are also wondering whether our HBase is configured correctly.
Any tips on HBase Configuration for loading/running Phoenix is highly appreciated as well.(We are on HBase 0.98.12 and Phoenix 4.3.1) Regards,
- kiru

Re: select/limit hanging on large tables

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
In addition to Talat's comment about more info, you can check out the
following properties:

phoenix.query.queueSize
phoenix.query.timeoutMs
http://phoenix.apache.org/tuning.html

We have set these in the hbase-site-.xml on the client machine where the
Squirrel was running in the cases where the table we were querying were
pretty huge.

Regards,
Shahab

Posted by Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com>.