Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Tharindu Jayasuriya <dj...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/01 08:46:11 UTC

JDK1.5 compatibility problem

Dear All,

I have downloaded the photark and tried to compile the project using JDK1.5.
But the source code is having JDK1.6 based implementation in the
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/photark/trunk/photark-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/photark/jcr/JCRRepositoryManager.java<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/photark/trunk/photark-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/photark/jcr/JCRRepositoryManager.java?view=log>
file.
I locally edited the file and compiled and used the app.

Just want to Know are you planning to do the project with JDK1.6 compatible
removing the backward compatibility.

Tharindu Jayasuriya,

Re: JDK1.5 compatibility problem

Posted by Tharindu Jayasuriya <dj...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 1:46 AM, Tharindu Jayasuriya
> <dj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I have downloaded the photark and tried to compile the project using
> JDK1.5.
> > But the source code is having JDK1.6 based implementation in the
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/photark/trunk/photark-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/photark/jcr/JCRRepositoryManager.java
> <
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/photark/trunk/photark-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/photark/jcr/JCRRepositoryManager.java?view=log
> >
> > file.
> > I locally edited the file and compiled and used the app.
> >
> > Just want to Know are you planning to do the project with JDK1.6
> compatible
> > removing the backward compatibility.
> >
> > Tharindu Jayasuriya,
> >

> Please create a JIRA and provide a patch with your changes and I'd
> apply it back to trunk.
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOTARK-30

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOTARK-30>Jira issue is created and
patch is attached.