Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/18 19:38:29 UTC

[2.x] Update on RFC 119 implementation with Tuscany/SCA: First prototype is working!

Hi,

I have made good progress to add OSGi RFC 119 with Tuscany/SCA. The first
prototype is now working!

Here is the scenario I have tested with the following OSGi bundles:

* calculator.dosgi: It contains the CalculatorService
* calculator.dosgi.operations: It contains the AddService, SubtractService,
MultiplyService, and DivideService.

The test case is CalculatorOSGiNodeTestCase [2]. It can be run in three
modes that controlled by the "client" system property:

* server mode (-Dclient=false): Deploy the calculator.dosgi.operations
bundle and expose the AddService, SubtractService, MultiplyService, and
DivideService over RMI using Tuscany binding.rmi.
* client mode (-D client=true): Deploy the calculator.dosgi bundle and
access the AddService, SubtractService, MultiplyService, and DivideService
via SCA proxies from the OSGi service registry using Tuscany binding.rmi.
* client/server mode: Deploy both bundles in the same JVM and run the
calculator with operations over RMI using Tuscany binding.rmi.

Please note: the latest version of the Equinox jars (containing the OSGi DS
support) are not available in maven. I download a copy from [3] and unzip
the jars to test/src/resources/plugins folder before running the tests. I'll
try mvn eclipse:to-maven to generate the maven artifacts and make them
available in a repo.

Thanks,
Raymond

[1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/OSGi+RFC+119+Implementation
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/java/sca/modules/node-impl-osgi/src/test/java/calculator/dosgi/test/CalculatorOSGiNodeTestCase.java
[3]
http://download.eclipse.org/equinox/drops/R-3.4.2-200902111700/download.php?dropFile=eclipse-equinox-3.4.2.zip

Re: [2.x] Update on RFC 119 implementation with Tuscany/SCA: First prototype is working!

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't see that problem. Can you check the generated OSGi bundle under
target/test-classes/calculator-bundle.jar to see if AddService is packaged
inside it?

Thanks,
Raymond
Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
I get almost a clean /modules build. It fails at the final hurdle of
node-osgi with...

Running calculator.dosgi.test.CalculatorOSGiTestCase
19-Mar-2009 18:22:00 org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.equinox.launcher.NodeLauncherUt
il collectClasspathEntries
INFO: Runtime classpath: 1 JAR from C:\simon\tuscany\java-trunk\sca\modules\node
-launcher-equinox\target
19-Mar-2009 18:22:00 org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.equinox.launcher.NodeLauncherUt
il collectClasspathEntries
INFO: Runtime classpath: 6 JARs from C:\simon\tuscany\java-trunk\sca\modules\nod
e-launcher-equinox
19-Mar-2009 18:22:00 org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.equinox.launcher.NodeLauncherUt
il collectClassLoaderClasspathEntries
INFO: Runtime classpath: 72 JARs from application classpath.
19-Mar-2009 18:22:01 org.apache.tuscany.sca.extensibility.equinox.EquinoxService
DiscoveryActivator start
INFO: Equinox-based service discoverer is now configured.
41 org.eclipse.equinox.ds RESOLVED
41 org.eclipse.equinox.ds ACTIVE
19-Mar-2009 18:22:01 calculator.dosgi.CalculatorActivator start
INFO: Starting reference:file:/C:\simon\tuscany\java-trunk\sca\modules\node-impl
-osgi\target\test-classes\calculator-bundle.jar [72]
19-Mar-2009 18:22:01 calculator.dosgi.CalculatorActivator start
INFO: Registering calculator.dosgi.CalculatorService
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in calculator.dosgi.CalculatorActi
vator.start() of bundle calculator.dosgi.
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActiv
ator(BundleContextImpl.java:1028)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(Bund
leContextImpl.java:984)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(Bundl
eHost.java:346)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(Abstrac
tBundle.java:265)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(Abstrac
tBundle.java:257)
        at calculator.dosgi.test.CalculatorOSGiTestCase.setUpBeforeClass(Calcula
torOSGiTestCase.java:112)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
[...]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: calculator/dosgi/operations/AddServic
        at calculator.dosgi.CalculatorActivator.start(CalculatorActivator.java:6
5)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(Bund
leContextImpl.java:1009)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActiv
ator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)
        ... 25 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: calculator.dosgi.operations.AddServ
ice
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassIntern
al(BundleLoader.java:481)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(Bundl
eLoader.java:397)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(Bundl
eLoader.java:385)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(De
faultClassLoader.java:87)
        ... 29 more

Simon

Re: [2.x] Update on RFC 119 implementation with Tuscany/SCA: First prototype is working!

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Good catch. The module was initially copied from 1.x branch which has the
MANIFEST.MF in the svn.ignore list. I'll check it in now.

Thanks,
Raymond
Posted by Graham Charters <gc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Raymond,