Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by John Meza <j_...@hotmail.com> on 2013/04/09 05:35:03 UTC

mr default=local?

The default mode for hadoop is Standalone, PsuedoDistributed and Fully Distributed modes. It is configured for Psuedo and Fully Distributed via configuration file, but defaults to Standalone otherwise (correct?).
Question about the -defaulting- mechanism:    -Does it get the -default- configuration via one of the config files?    -Or does it get the -default- configuration via hard-coded values?    -Or another mechanism?
thanksJohn

RE: mr default=local?

Posted by John Meza <j_...@hotmail.com>.
Harsh, thanks for the quick reply.While I am a Hadoop-newbie, I find I am explaining Hadoop install, config, job processing to newer-newbies. Thus the desire and need for more details.John

RE: mr default=local?

Posted by John Meza <j_...@hotmail.com>.

RE: mr default=local?

Posted by John Meza <j_...@hotmail.com>.