Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org> on 2018/12/12 18:24:02 UTC

Reviewing PRs (was: Re: Arrow sync call)

Hi,

Now that we have a lot of different implementations and a growing number
of assorted topics, it becomes hard to know whether a PR or issue has a
dedicated expert or would benefit from an outsider look.

In Python we have what we call the "experts" list which is a per-topic
(or per-library module) contributors who are generally interested in and
competent on such topic (*).  So it's possible to cc such a person, or
if no expert is available on a given topic, perhaps for someone else to
try and have a look anyway.  Perhaps we need something similar for Arrow?

(*) https://devguide.python.org/experts/

Regards

Antoine.

Re: Reviewing PRs (was: Re: Arrow sync call)

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.
We now have nightly docs build:
https://github.com/kszucs/crossbow/branches/all?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=docs
If We decide where to upload it, We can publish nightly dev docs.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.

Posted by Francois Saint-Jacques <fr...@rstudio.com>.
I'd also suggest that we extend Romain's effort to add labels to all
languages, review states, and mabye. While the string labeling with [],
works, github search/filtering is not very good compared to filtering by
labels.

lang-{R,c++,py,java,...}
review-{wip,ready}
comp-{doc,gandiva,parquet,plasma}

There's a good chance this could be automated with Jira lookup + string
matching.

François

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Binet <bi...@cern.ch>.