Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Chris Finn <ya...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/11 01:10:34 UTC

Possible issue in sitemap generation [C2B2]

First, hi and thanks to everyone for all the work in
putting together such a great framework with C2.

I've run across one minor issue with sitemap
generation that I haven't seen a report on.

C2.0 b2 on W2K SP6 with Sun JDK 1.3.1, Tomcat 3.2.1

Steps to reproduce:
1) Add the sendmail action to the <map:actions>
section of the sitemap.  E.g.,

<map:action name="sendmail"
src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.SendmailAction"/>

2) Save the sitemap, and restart Cocoon2.

3) Request the Cocoon home page.  An internal server
error occurs (see below for stacktrace).

4) Take the new action out of the sitemap, save the
sitemap file and restart Cocoon2.  (Note: this should
return the system to the state it was in before you
made the change.)

5) Request the Cocoon home page again.  The same error
occurs.

Workaround: go into the work directory where the
sitemap class file is stored and delete the
sitemap*.class files.  The next time you restart, the
system will work.  For some reason, it appears that
even though the new Java file for the sitemap is being
generated correctly, it isn't being compiled when you
revert (the class file dates are older than the Java
file dates).

Maybe this is some Avalon-related issue or setting I
missed, but it is confusing.  Is there a "staleness"
timer that I'm hitting?  If so, anyone who makes quick
turnaround additions to the sitemap that fail will run
into it and get confused.

I'm also not sure why the Sendmail Action causes the
error in the first place, but the lack of compilation
seemed to be a more general issue.

Here's the stack trace:
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
Could not set up Component for hint:
org\apache\cocoon\www\sitemap_xmap
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerator(GeneratorSelector.java:127)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.addCompiledComponent(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:292)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generateResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:273)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:233)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:204)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

RE: Possible issue in sitemap generation [C2B2]

Posted by Klaus Bertram <be...@n-bis.de>.
Hi Chris,

its not the sidemap its the action sendmail
there is a bug inside a diff for it I had post on sep.
but it was not included to cocoon2b.

Here are the diff
25c25,27
<
---
> import javax.activation.*;
> import javax.mail.*;
> import javax.mail.internet.*;
61c63
<
---
> /*
72c74
<
---
> */
83c85
<       Session session = Session.getDefaultInstance(properties);
---
>       Session session = Session.getDefaultInstance(properties,null);

I had commented out the default config parameter it seems that this the
point where the sidemap interpreting and compilation hangs.

Oh you need the mail.jar and activation.jar (it was referenced by in the
mail package)

Klaus