Posted to users@solr.apache.org by HariBabu kuruva <ha...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/24 10:23:13 UTC

Solr Node High CPU

Hi All,

We have 4 solr nodes, only one of the nodes is consuming almost High CPU
from yesterday. We don't see any errors in the logs. Restart dint resolve
the issue. Could you please help me to identify the issue.

Solr Version: 8.11.1
Instances: Single instance per machine. No other softwares running on the
machine.
CPU: 6 CPU's
Heap: 30GB per Instance
RAM: 60 GB

--

Thanks and Regards,
 Hari

Re: Solr Node High CPU

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
It was mentioned earlier but the thread dump is a good place to start
looking. Typically you'd see a number of threads doing something CPU
intensive. After that the heap dump will show you what parameters were used
in the threads that running.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Solr Node High CPU

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr Node High CPU

Posted by HariBabu kuruva <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

--

Thanks and Regards,
 Hari

Re: Solr Node High CPU

Posted by Vivaldi <uy...@vivaldi.net.INVALID>.

Re: Solr Node High CPU

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr Node High CPU

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
SolrAdmin Thread Dump, or jstack might give a clue.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Solr Node High CPU

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
You can check the logs to see what it is doing. If there is nothing obvious
in the logs, use a tool like VisualVM to inspect the JVM and perform CPU
sampling. With it, you can see which parts of the JVM are active and eating
CPU.

Regards,
Markus

Re: Solr Node High CPU