Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Aimee Quinaou <ai...@enercoop.org> on 2019/06/07 16:06:39 UTC

How do I unack the message with STOMP - documentation is outdated

Hello,

I've read in the FAQ, under "How do I unack the message with STOMP",
that "There is no explicit “unack” command in Stomp"
(http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-unack-the-message-with-stomp).

It was true for the first version of STOMP, but since STOMP 1.1 there's
a NACK frame that can be used to tell the server that the client did not
consume the message.
(https://stomp.github.io/stomp-specification-1.1.html#NACK)

Now ActiveMQ uses STOMP 1.1 (at least in ActiveMQ version 5.15.9), so
this page is outdated. I suggest that it tells for which versions of
ActiveMQ it is still accurate.

I'm using a python client to consume messages from ActiveMQ, using the
STOMP protocol. If something goes wrong while processing the message I
send a NACK frame, else I send an ACK frame.

I would like ActiveMQ to put the message in the DLQ if it receives a
NACK. How can I do that?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aimée Quinaou

Re: How do I unack the message with STOMP - documentation is outdated

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
> How can I correct the documentation?

The ActiveMQ website is here [1]. Instructions for how to contribute are
here [2].

Justin

[1] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
[2] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/#contributing-to-the-site