Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Jozef Vilcek <jo...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/20 08:36:10 UTC

Git export-ignore for gradle

Hello,

this commit added export-ignore for some of the gradle stuff
https://github.com/apache/beam/commit/2a0f68b0c743d37c46486b81500043b4b420c825

This means that downloaded zip archive of git repository is not build-able
via 'gradlew` command. I am curious about the rationale behind this feature.

Best,
Jozef

Re: Git export-ignore for gradle

Posted by Andrew Pilloud <ap...@google.com>.
We can't ship gradle-wrapper.jar in the artifacts, so the gradlew command
wouldn't work even if it was included. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-288 and the original discussion
here:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d8bd7a0395d979246b3aff02fbb562ac0467828c4adfc25029839fab@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E

It doesn't look like the legal issue has seen any progress since April.

Andrew