Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jaidev Nair <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/02 07:18:44 UTC

Handling XML response in SOAP client

Hi All,

I have a small problem with my code.

Can any one tell me how to create a SOAP client using axis which gets
a response from a remote server in XML fromat.I mean my request is in
String but the response given by the service is in XML with the
content which is double.

How can i retreive the value in my java client code.

Can any one please help me in this.

Thanks,

Jaidev.

Re: Handling XML response in SOAP client

Posted by jayachandra <ja...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure whether I got your question right, but here is my explanation.
As a return value in the successful invocation of webservice you would
get exactly what the server's webservice class would *want* to return
if you invoke it locally. No tool can predict the internal
implementation of the webservice class. If your server is returning
XML data, and you want numerical value out of it, I'd suggest you
observe the pattern and write a simple parsing routine that trims out
all unnecessary data and returns you the data in the format you might
need.

Jayachandra

--
-- Jaya