Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org> on 2019/08/20 18:36:41 UTC

ATS is vulnerable to a HTTP/2 attack with empty frames

ATS is vulnerable to a HTTP/2 attack with empty frames

CVE:
CVE-2019-9518 Empty Frames Flood

Reported By:
Piotr Sikora

Vendor:
The Apache Software Foundation

Version Affected:
ATS 6.0.0 to 6.2.3
ATS 7.0.0 to 7.1.6
ATS 8.0.0 to 8.0.3

Mitigation:
Turn off HTTP/2 or upgrade ATS to a current version
6.x users should upgrade to 7.1.8, 8.0.5, or later versions
7.x users should upgrade to 7.1.8 or later versions
8.x users should upgrade to 8.0.5 or later versions

	Downloads:
		https://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads
		(Please use backup sites from the link only if the mirrors are unavailable)
	Github Pull Request:
		https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/5850
	CVE:
		https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2019-9518

-Bryan

Re: ATS is vulnerable to a HTTP/2 attack with empty frames

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.
This also affects 7.1.7 and 8.0.4.  I updated the version range below.

-Bryan

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.