Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/23 16:13:00 UTC

report-template EOL settings for text files

The fmkr files (and other text files) don't have svn:eolstyle properties.
I suspect the files need either native or LF to avoid problems with ^M
in future.

Also build.xml may need to be updated to take account of the correct
setting for the fmkr files when creating the archives.

At present the files seem to be included in "dist.common.non.native"
which means they will retain whatever EOL they happen to have in the
workspace of the RM.

This is only OK if the EOL of the files does not depend on the EOL of
the host OS; i.e. the files most likely need svn:eolstyle=LF.

Re: report-template EOL settings for text files

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

On 24/04/2016 13:32, sebb wrote:
> ==
>
> The intention is that Zip archives have the EOL setting appropriate
> for Windows (CRLF) and Tar has EOL=LF as used on Unix.
>
> Therefore if you compare the contents of the source tar archive with
> the SVN tag workspace on Unix it should agree exactly (no need to
> allow for EOL differences).
> Likewise if you checkout the SVN tag on Windows, it should agree
> exactly with the contents of the source Zip archive.

Ok I've found the EOL issue (LF/CRLF) when I make a svn export from
trunk (on Windows) and compare with the source Zip archive.

A lot of *.java/*.html (inside src dir)/*.xml (new file since 2.13)
files with no svn eol props to native. I've fixes this issue with my
recent commit today (specially 1740702)

Now the source archive == svn export on Windows

Linux, no difference too, except the mode number on shell script (755 on
svn vs 644 on source archive : expected)

So I think, we are ready to make the 3.0 RC3.

Milamber

PS. @commiters/PMC JMeter:
Have you add this svn config [1] on your machine?

https://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt

Re: report-template EOL settings for text files

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 April 2016 at 18:14, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> I've commit the changes (r1740660). I don't know if the sbadmin package need
> to be include with the native/non native management?

native means that the files will be converted to CRLF for the zip and
LF for the tar archive if necessary
(e.g. conversion to LF is not necessary on Unix because native files
will already have LF)

non-native means the files don't change between OSes, so conversion is
not necessary.

> sbadmin package could be consider as a 'binary' package?

That depends.

If its text files are supposed to use the native format (i.e. CRLF on
Windows, LF on Unix), then these files must be flagged as
eolstyle=native, and they must be listed as native in build.xml.

If the text files are supposed to be EOL=LF on all OSes, then they
must be flagged as svnstyle=LF, and listed as binary/non-native in
build.xml.

==

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
I've commit the changes (r1740660). I don't know if the sbadmin package
need to be include with the native/non native management? sbadmin

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.