Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Todd Pigram <to...@toddpigram.com> on 2015/09/08 18:44:05 UTC

Re: Dynamic Scalable Template issue

Vadium,

After installing XS62ESP1028 via CLI (no reboot on hosts yet) and building an Centos65 instance w/o ‘Dynamic Scalable’ option checked, it showed right in XenCenter. I installed the new tools from (XS62ESP1028) and still good. I created a template from this instance. Deployed said template, and the memory is still good in XenCenter.

I tested on a Windows VM and it is the same with the new tools, however, as this particular tenant bypasses the virtual router, I have to reboot twice and reset networking as the new XenTools reset the networking stack.

Todd Pigram
http://about.me/ToddPigram <http://about.me/ToddPigram>
www.linkedin.com/in/toddpigram/ <http://www.linkedin.com/in/toddpigram/>
@pigram86 on twitter
https://plus.google.com/+ToddPigram86 <https://plus.google.com/+ToddPigram86>
Mobile - 216-224-5769

PGP Public Key <http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x96B7B0F0C55933BB>

Posted by Todd Pigram <to...@toddpigram.com>.
Is this fixed in 4.5.1 as the issue is not listed in the release notes under CS-27425/CS-21217?

As a FYI, on the one VM the new tools worked but not on any others. I had to set ‘enable.dynamic.scale.vm’ to false, restart management service. Then I have to shutdown the instance. then start, to get the right memory. A reboot doesn’t fix it.

Posted by Todd Pigram <to...@toddpigram.com>.

Posted by Vadim Kimlaychuk <va...@kickcloud.net>.
Todd,

Posted by Todd Pigram <to...@toddpigram.com>.