Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Maxim Veksler <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/18 19:25:35 UTC

HBase high availability status

Hi everyone,

We've evaluating the (very cool) plethora of new noSQL solutions, just
to name a few: Cassandra, Hive, SimpleDB, Voldemort, Hypertable and of
course HBase.

I'm wondering about the current status of HBase / Hadoop:

How is HBQL?
Do you have good experience with it?
Any rough edges only experience can teach me?

What is the present status about HA of the whole system?
Most blogs[1] mention the requirement for external tools to monitor
the Hadoop Job Tacker?, HBase HBaseMaster ?

Has any of you tried running Hive on top of you HBase data store?
What is your experience with this?

How is the community (this is you :) ?

Just out curiosity - What is the volume of you data?
How are you using the system?
What is your uptime? (availability that is, who cares about single
nodes these days).

Yeah, I know these are indeed a lot of questions. Please keep in mind
that this post, like the rest of content posted on the web discussing
noSQL will probably become hot and will surly be hit by \*some*\
Google searchers...
Would very much appreciate your answers guys.

Thank you,
Maxim.

[1] http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/07/hadoop-ha-configuration/

--
Cheers,
Maxim Veksler

"Free as in Freedom" - Do u GNU ?

Re: HBase high availability status

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
This JIRA was opened recently:

might be some interesting discussions in there for you.  no code yet,
but there it is.

-ryan

Posted by tsuna <ts...@gmail.com>.