Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2005/08/01 21:18:56 UTC

Re: [Fwd: Question about stdcxx development snapshots]

Leo Simons wrote:
> So, ehm, one more time,
>
> Could you peeps *please* stop using pmc@incubator.apache.org for questions
> like this? Development at apache happens in public.
> general@incubator.apache.org is the e-mail address to use for questions like
> this. Please subscribe to it, read through some of its archives, and see how
> "things are done". PMC mailing lists (and similarly PPMC mailing lists) are
> for very sensitive issues only.

I apologize for using the wrong list(s). My only excuse is that we
CC'd stdcxx-dev on our original question but got no responses. I was
misled by the Releases section of the Incubation Policy document,
specifically this sentence:

   Podlings in Incubation SHALL NOT perform any releases of software
   without the explicit approval of the Incubator PMC.

into believing that pmc@incubator.apache.org was the list where we
should turn with questions/requests regarding releases from the
incubator.

FWIW, I am subscribed to the incubator mailing list and have read
some (although obviously not all) of the past posts. I have been
using http://mail-archives.apache.org/ as the interface to browse
the archives. I don't see any way to search through them, though.
Is there a different page that I should use?

Thanks
Martin

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
> >Martin Sebor wrote:
> >
> >>FWIW, I am subscribed to the incubator mailing list and have read
> >>some (although obviously not all) of the past posts. I have been
> >>using http://mail-archives.apache.org/ as the interface to browse
> >>the archives. I don't see any way to search through them, though.
> >>Is there a different page that I should use?

You could instead use a remote search service
such as those mentioned at
http://www.apache.org/foundation/mailinglists.html

David

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Thx.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> Where BTW do I find the sources to mod_mbox? ;-)

You can grab it from SVN at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_mbox/trunk/

-garrett

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Where BTW do I find the sources to mod_mbox? ;-)

	Regards
		Henning

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de>.
He still got a point though. While mod_mbox is ok for browsing (however
the index seems to be breakable just like with eyebrowse, see e.g.
INFRA-480), eyebrowse offers more functionality (like searching, sorting
by author e.g.)

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 19:45 +0100, Upayavira wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
> > Martin Sebor wrote:
> >
> >> FWIW, I am subscribed to the incubator mailing list and have read
> >> some (although obviously not all) of the past posts. I have been
> >> using http://mail-archives.apache.org/ as the interface to browse
> >> the archives. I don't see any way to search through them, though.
> >> Is there a different page that I should use?
> >

> > Responding to myself:
> >
> > Yes, there is. By accident I stumbled upon this searchable mailing
> > list archive:
> > http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SearchList?listName=general@incubator.apache.org
> >

> > Unfortunately, it's not listed on the ASF Mail Archives page that
> > I have been relying on (http://mail-archives.apache.org) or on the
> > Although to be fair, other searchable archives are listed on that
> > page.
>
> That system is deprecated. The mbox archive is taking over. Nagoya will
> be decommissioned at some point, and that eyebrowse system will be shut
> down, so don't rely upon it too much.
>
> Regards, Upayavira

      RedHat Certified Engineer -- Jakarta Turbine Development
   Linux, Java, perl, Solaris -- Consulting, Training, Engineering

                     4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.