Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Yu...@DELL.com on 2015/04/08 19:20:52 UTC

is there any way to configure hbase (0.94.15) so that the flag 'IS_HADOOP_SECURE' becomes false?

Hi All,

I'm using an HBase client deployed in OSGI Karaf console and in some scenarios, it's causing trouble for me to get connection to HBase server. I dug into the root cause and found in some cases, when the HConnectionManager tries to get connection by calling HConnectionKey(conf), it runs User.getCurrent(), and eventually called UserGroupInformation.getCurrentUser(). In the case when IS_HADOOP_SECURE is on, it throws exception.

I was wondering if there's any configuration in HBase that we can use to turn 'IS_HADOOP_SECURE' to false?

Thanks very much,
YuLing

RE: is there any way to configure hbase (0.94.15) so that the flag 'IS_HADOOP_SECURE' becomes false?

Posted by Yu...@DELL.com.
Dell Customer Communication
Thanks Andrew. I'll give it a try.

B.T.W., does hbase 0.94.15 work with lower Hadoop version such as 1.0.0 or 1.0.3?

Thanks,

YuLing

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

[cid:image001.png@01D07200.B393AAB0]

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com>.
bcc: -dev +user@hbase

YuLing,

Are you providing hbase.security.authentication in the configuration? also
can you please let us know what is the exact exception that you getting?

thanks!
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.