Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jagadish Gopi <JG...@atlassoft.com> on 2001/08/20 22:49:31 UTC

Connections !! Classpath!!!

HI Everyone,
Can you please tell me How do I view the classpath details once the tomcat
is started. Is there any log files through which I can view it.

I have a classes12.zip file for database connection which I added in the
c:/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/lib directory, but I am getting an error saying
"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" when i
am creating connections. (My database is Oracle)

I am using windows2000, Itseems to me like tomcat only adds .jar files from
lib dir to classpath. Correct me If I am wrong.

I don't think I need to add any other files to /lib dir.

Please let me know if I need to make any entries.

Please reply back
Jagadish

Re: Connections !! Classpath!!!

Posted by Denis Haskin <De...@HaskinFerguson.net>.
Put the jars you need in the WEB-INF/lib subdirectory of your context.
 Tomcat will make them available to your servlet.  See the doc at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/appdev/deployment.html,
especially section 3.2: "WEB-INF/lib/ - This directory contains JAR
files that contain Java class files (and associated resources) required
for your application, such as third party class libraries or JDBC drivers. "

Or make your CLASSPATH include them before you start Tomcat.

And please include better Subject: lines, for example a brief version of
your question (e.g. "How do I make Tomcat include needed jars for my
servlet?").

dwh