Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pavel Janík <Pa...@Janik.cz> on 2012/08/15 08:52:17 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1357306 - /incubator/ooo/trunk/main/solenv/bin/build.pl

Hi Andre,

On Jul 11, 2012, at 9:21 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:

> On 10.07.2012 21:47, Pavel Janík wrote:
>> Andre,
>>
>> this particular change is incompatible with my build system. I do [meta-shell code]:
>
> I should have explained this change better (or at all).  It is only intended as a temporary hack to find out the reason for the build breaker of the 64bit Linux buildbot build.

is the problem already solved?
--
Pavel Janík

Re: svn commit: r1357306 - /incubator/ooo/trunk/main/solenv/bin/build.pl

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 12:55:35PM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

> > > I should have explained this change better (or at all).  It is only
> > > intended as a temporary hack to find out the reason for the build
> > > breaker of the 64bit Linux buildbot build.
> >
> > is the problem already solved?  -- Pavel Janík
>
> It is not solved. The main bug with it, is that now it hides where the
> build is breaking; I faced it yesterday on my own build, and now it can
> be seen in the Win build bot: the build continues regardless any error
> on any module, and breaks in instsetoo_native due to missing compiled
> stuff:
>
> http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/win/main/instsetoo_native/wntmsci12.pro/misc/logs/util.txt
>
> Even worst, the build bot only reports an error when trying to copy the
> install sets generated in instsetoo_native
> http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7/builds/281/steps/MasterShellCommand_1/logs/stdio

The problem is that they system call now pipes the build command:

$error_code = system ("$job_to_do 2>&1 | tee $log_file");

and tee returns always 0, hiding the $job_to_do error code.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: svn commit: r1357306 - /incubator/ooo/trunk/main/solenv/bin/build.pl

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 25.08.2012 17:55, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 08:52:17AM +0200, Pavel Janík wrote:
>> Hi Andre,

>>> I should have explained this change better (or at all).  It is only
>>> intended as a temporary hack to find out the reason for the build
>>> breaker of the 64bit Linux buildbot build.
>>
>> is the problem already solved?  -- Pavel Janík
>
> It is not solved. The main bug with it, is that now it hides where the
> build is breaking; I faced it yesterday on my own build, and now it can
> be seen in the Win build bot: the build continues regardless any error
> on any module, and breaks in instsetoo_native due to missing compiled
> stuff:
>
> http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/win/main/instsetoo_native/wntmsci12.pro/misc/logs/util.txt
>
> Even worst, the build bot only reports an error when trying to copy the
> install sets generated in instsetoo_native
> http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7/builds/281/steps/MasterShellCommand_1/logs/stdio
>
> IMHO we should revert this change, otherwise we have no idea where the
> build breaks.

It is still possible to see where the build breaks.  But it takes more
than a quick look into the build overview.  This change makes it
possible to see some build breakers at all (those that cause the build
to hang: in such a case the buildbot terminates the build without
writing any output for the module in which the hang occurs)

But I think I understand what you mean.  It is very inconvenient.

I have reverted my last change in build.pl.

-Andre

Re: svn commit: r1357306 - /incubator/ooo/trunk/main/solenv/bin/build.pl

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.