Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Constantin <co...@const.org> on 2004/03/09 20:18:44 UTC

findForward relative url problem

Hello,

I have an customer who run struts and i need to proxy pass his
application using mod_proxy ,

so i have http://dom1.com/ =>mapped on => http://dom2.com/

dom1 is on public network and dom2 on private network.
in his code the customer use :

<forward name="login_success" path="/interface.jsp"/>
and he use an :
return (mapping.findForward("login_success"));

I call http://dom1.com/somestuff.jsp

Witch issue an :

Location: http://dom2.com/interface.jsp

Witch dont work because the navigator go away from the proxy
and try to contact directly the private dom2.com .

I wonder why mapping.findForward does not return :

Location: /interface.jsp

witch still very valid redirect and does not break my proxy config .

Any ideas ?

Best regards
cb