Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Noua Toukourou <no...@uni.lu> on 2019/09/30 10:17:04 UTC

Weird font on Ubuntu with SSH connection

Hi,

I am using Apache Guacamole to connect via SSH to an Ubuntu host.
The problem is I am getting a weird font.
Did someone experience this issue before ?
How to fix it ?

Thanks
Noua

Re: Weird font on Ubuntu with SSH connection

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 8:49 AM Noua Toukourou <no...@uni.lu>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are the packages I installed
>
> yum install cairo-devel libjpeg-turbo-devel libpng-devel uuid-devel
> ffmpeg-devel freerdp-devel pango-devel libssh2-devel libtelnet-devel
> libvncserver-devel pulseaudio-libs-devel openssl-devel libvorbis-devel
> libwebp-devel libwebsockets-devel
>
> Do you have any idea of the packages missing ?

I would install the xorg-x11-fonts* packages, and I usually also install
the google-noto fonts packages.

-Nick

Re: Weird font on Ubuntu with SSH connection

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 6:17 AM Noua Toukourou <no...@uni.lu>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Apache Guacamole to connect via SSH to an Ubuntu host.
> The problem is I am getting a weird font.
> Did someone experience this issue before ?
> How to fix it ?

Make sure the system that is running Guacamole Server (guacd) has font
packages installed on it - the rendering will be done on that system, and
if fonts are missing you can get some odd-looking text on the console.

-Nick