Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Fred Wittekind <ro...@twister.dyndns.org> on 2012/05/17 16:35:28 UTC

Conflict Markers in Git Commits:

I was trying to build a release that included some of the console
patches, but, ran into some compile errors as result of conflict markers
being part of a git commit.

Example:
http://git.cloud.com/cgit/cloudstack-oss/commit/?h=3.0.x&id=cd13762e44e36775f8cf29318cce82c3bb4c89b0

Fred Wittekind

RE: Conflict Markers in Git Commits:

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.
I see.

This may be caused by the incident we had a while ago, someone forcely pushed his local repo into the origin GIT repo that carried over these unmerged changes.

I suggest you to rebase your changes on top of a good state commit to continue.

Kelven

Posted by Fred Wittekind <ro...@twister.dyndns.org>.
No, I'm not using a local GIT repo.

The conflicts are present in the patch file downloaded from git.cloud.com
http://git.cloud.com/cgit/cloudstack-oss/patch/?id=cd13762e44e36775f8cf29318cce82c3bb4c89b0

And visible viewing one of the files via:
http://git.cloud.com/cgit/cloudstack-oss/tree/console-proxy/src/com/cloud/consoleproxy/vnc/BufferedImageCanvas.java?h=3.0.x&id=cd13762e44e36775f8cf29318cce82c3bb4c89b0

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Fred Wittekind <ro...@twister.dyndns.org>.

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.