Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jerker Klang <jk...@jnk.linuxpower.nu> on 2007/08/22 09:41:40 UTC

XFire to CXF migration problems with inheritance

Hello everybody!

I've have a little assignment to convert a small XFire project to CXF
and I've encountered some problems. First I had the problem that we had
a xs:any-field that contained a type that CXF (or rather JAXB perhaps)
wasn't aware of, but I solved that by creating a dummy-element
containing just that element.

Now I've encountered another error, which I doesn't really know how to
interpret. The error is:

 Instance of "org.oasis_open.docs.wsdm.muws2_2.OtherSituation" is
substituting "org.oasis_open.docs.wsdm.muws2_2.SituationCategoryType",
but "org.oasis_open.docs.wsdm.muws2_2.OtherSituation" is bound to an
anonymous type.

Is there anybody who would care to explain that error to a not very
experienced web service developer. The code works in XFire (altough the
xs:any-field problem had to be solved with a jaxb.search.packages in
XFire). The OtherSituation is declared in the WSDM MUWS-xsd as follows:

<xs:element name="OtherSituation">
 <xs:complexType>
   <xs:complexContent>
     <xs:restriction base="muws2:SituationCategoryType" />
   </xs:complexContent>
  </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

Any hints would be very apreciated. There might be typos in the snippets
above, but that's because I have to mail from another computer than my
development workstation.

//Jerker