Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com> on 2013/12/23 15:42:16 UTC

AMQP 1.0 tcpdumps wanted

Hi all,
I am implementing AMQP 1.0 dissector to Wireshark, as I feel it is needed for debugging qpid<->clients communication. Before I commit the code to Wireshark upstream, I would like to test the implementation on as much various PDUs as possible.

Therefore I am kindly asking you (as the community I am involved in) to send me tcpdumps with miscellaneous AMQP 1.0 traffic, e.g.:
- non-anonymous SASL authentication
- TLS
- various application headers in various primitive types (e.g. timestamp, uuid, float,..)
- transactions
..

Surely, I will not share any information (like IP address or so) from the tcpdump, I just need them to check my almost-done dissector really works well for as variety PDUs as possible.

As a result, you would get better Wireshark dissector of AMQP 1.0, that will help you to troubleshoot whatever qpid communication problem you have.

Wishing you successful new year.

Thanks in advance,
Pavel

Re: AMQP 1.0 tcpdumps wanted

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com>.
Hi Bruno,
no repository except for my mailbox :)

Cheers,
Pavel

Re: AMQP 1.0 tcpdumps wanted

Posted by Bruno Matos <br...@paradigmaxis.pt>.
Hi Pavel,

Do you have a repository where I can put the files?

Regards,
Bruno Matos

On 12/23/2013 02:42 PM, Pavel Moravec wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am implementing AMQP 1.0 dissector to Wireshark, as I feel it is needed for debugging qpid<->clients communication. Before I commit the code to Wireshark upstream, I would like to test the implementation on as much various PDUs as possible.
>
> Therefore I am kindly asking you (as the community I am involved in) to send me tcpdumps with miscellaneous AMQP 1.0 traffic, e.g.:
> - non-anonymous SASL authentication
> - TLS
> - various application headers in various primitive types (e.g. timestamp, uuid, float,..)
> - transactions
> ..
>
> Surely, I will not share any information (like IP address or so) from the tcpdump, I just need them to check my almost-done dissector really works well for as variety PDUs as possible.
>
> As a result, you would get better Wireshark dissector of AMQP 1.0, that will help you to troubleshoot whatever qpid communication problem you have.
>
> Wishing you successful new year.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Pavel

Bruno Matos