Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/13 19:20:53 UTC

Re: [VALIDATOR] Update of packages used by Validator?

I just updated in svn trunk the dependency Apache Commons BeanUtils from
1.9.2 to 1.9.3.

My hope is to see the community:

- Release Apache Commons Release Maven Pplugin 1.1 (this one is DONE :-)
- Release Apache Commons Parent 45 (referencing  Apache Commons Release
plugin 1.1)
- Release other Apache Commons components like Validator.

Gary

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 15:51:39 -0400, Rob Tompkins wrote:
>> On Mar 13, 2018, at 3:48 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 1:47 PM, Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> My plan is to test run commons-parent 45 on the next release. I’m
>>> indifferent over whether it’s Commons Text or Commons Validator. Is
>>> there a
>>> preference?
>>>

>> Selfishly, I have a need for new Commons Text sooner rather than
>> later.
>
> Ok. I’ll try to do both fairly quickly. It shouldn’t be too bad as
> the work to release is now smaller.

Hi Rob.

Sorry for further hijacking the thread but... you do know that
[RNG] is in the queue, don't you? ;-)

Regards,
Gilles

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

> On Mar 13, 2018, at 3:48 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 1:47 PM, Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Mar 13, 2018, at 3:20 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just updated in svn trunk the dependency Apache Commons BeanUtils from
>>> 1.9.2 to 1.9.3.
>>>
>>> My hope is to see the community:
>>>
>>> - Release Apache Commons Release Maven Pplugin 1.1 (this one is DONE :-)
>>> - Release Apache Commons Parent 45 (referencing  Apache Commons Release
>>> plugin 1.1)
>>> - Release other Apache Commons components like Validator.
>>
>> My plan is to test run commons-parent 45 on the next release. I’m
>> indifferent over whether it’s Commons Text or Commons Validator. Is there a
>> preference?
>>

> Selfishly, I have a need for new Commons Text sooner rather than later.

Ok. I’ll try to do both fairly quickly. It shouldn’t be too bad as the work to release is now smaller.

-Rob

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.