Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/11 23:44:54 UTC

CXF security equivalent for SMX 4.

I have been struggling trying to find out how to configure my jaxws security
for my CXF SUs in servicemix 4.  Some of the properties files that were in
servicemix 3 that defined certificate passwords and users are gone.  Is
there another method for defining those things?

Thanks for any help!

Ryan

Re: CXF security equivalent for SMX 4.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
I'm still trying to figure out how this works in Servicemix 4.  I was
looking at the 2009.01 cxf-bc component unit tests again trying to see if
there is something I've missed, but the only thing I see that I don't have
is:

<sm:broker>
      <sm:securedBroker>
        <sm:authorizationMap>
              <sm:authorizationMap>
                <sm:authorizationEntries>
                  <sm:authorizationEntry service="*:*" roles="admin" />
                </sm:authorizationEntries>
              </sm:authorizationMap>
        </sm:authorizationMap>
      </sm:securedBroker>
    </sm:broker>

I do see a groups.properties in the security directory, but it doesn't
appear to be used in the security configurations.  I know that in Servicemix
3.x, the groups.properties was referenced by the servicemix.xml
configuration, same for users-passwords.properties.  In smx4, those files
don't appear to exist and the only place you could put them, "etc", doesn't
work because smx4 will complain that it can't deploy them.  I also notice in
the Fuse ESB 4.1 distribution, there is no longer a security example for
CXF, where there was in Fuse ESB 3.4.  I guess I'm just wondering if there
is a different way security should be configured for jaas?