Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mtorgler <mt...@torgler.net> on 2003/11/01 22:03:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache/Tomcat Tieing Issue Still Exists

Hi Again All

Thought I'd give this one more try.

I've tried a few more config changes, but went back to these original ones
because nothing seems to work.  I'm still getting the shm.init error in my
logs, and the apache and tomcat still aren't tieing together.

Does the shm.init error stop Apache from processing the rest of the
workers2.properties, or does the server just keep on going?

I've got all my config info below, any  and all comments are appreciated.

Thanks Again.

-- INFO ---

Apache 2.047 and Tomcat 4.1.27 configured on XP machine as a localhost
service using jk2 configs.

Followed the directions on the following page:
http://www.greenfieldresearch.ca/te...jk2_config.html

The two services work individually, all configs are done, but the two
servers just don't tie together.

My jk2.properties on Tomcat is a single line:
#Shared memory directive
shm.file=c:/Apache/Apache2/logs/jk2.shm

My workers2.properties with Apache looks like the following:
-
#define the shared memory file
[shm]
file=c:/Apache/Apache2/logs/jk2.shm
size=1000000

# Define the communication channel
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
#host=127.0.0.1
tomcatId=localhost:8009
debug=1

[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/examples/*]
info=C:/Apache/Tomcat/webapps/examples/

[uri:/servlet/*]
info=C:/Apache/Tomcat/webapps/

[status:status]
info=Status worker, displays runtime information
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
group=status:
worker=status:status

[uri:/status/*]
worker=status:localhost:8009
group=status:

For reference, I uploaded the bigger docs:
servers.xml: http://torgler.net/docs/server.xml
workers2.properties: http://torgler.net/docs/workers2.properties
httpd.conf: http://torgler.net/docs/httpd.conf

Not sure if these would help or not, the stderr.log outs from the Tomcat
startup, which looked fine to me

Created catalinaLoader in: C:\Apache\Tomcat\server\lib
Oct 30, 2003 8:17:32 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry loadRegistry
INFO: Loading registry information
Oct 30, 2003 8:17:32 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getRegistry
INFO: Creating new Registry instance
Oct 30, 2003 8:17:33 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getServer
INFO: Creating MBeanServer
Oct 30, 2003 8:17:35 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8009
Oct 30, 2003 8:17:39 PM org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources
<init>
INFO: Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings',
returnNull=true
Oct 30, 2003 8:17:39 PM org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources
<init>
INFO: Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.action.ActionResources',
returnNull=true
Oct 30, 2003 8:17:40 PM org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources
<init>
INFO: Initializing, config='org.apache.webapp.admin.ApplicationResources',
returnNull=true
Oct 30, 2003 8:17:45 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8009