Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com> on 2016/03/11 18:48:40 UTC

Mass cleanup

I would like to run a project wide intellij driven cleanup. No fixes,
just a big cleanup across the board.
It'll be one big commit.

Any objections?

--
   Andy Gumbrecht
   https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

Re: Mass cleanup

Posted by Andy <an...@gmx.de>.
Yep, this works for me. Something that sets a baseline for everyone to
work towards together is cool.

Re: Mass cleanup

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: Mass cleanup

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
I'll try to get a sonar job for us.
LieGrue,strub

    On Saturday, 12 March 2016, 23:24, Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> wrote:

 +1 let's have the analysis tool set and have a base line.  Then as Mark
mentioned work on the rule set and fix.

Intellij warnings are sometimes totally irrelevant.  Or just I don't like
the code style. Obviously totally personal but just to mention that I'm not
convinced by a massive changes.

Re: Mass cleanup

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: Mass cleanup

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+0 if anything is justified and motivated. -1 to only run after making
tools green

Re: Mass cleanup

Posted by Raquel Pau Fernández <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Mass cleanup

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
yes, fear so as well.

Re: Mass cleanup

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mass cleanup

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: Mass cleanup

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Re: Mass cleanup

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.
Just an interested party, but driving these changes through a person's
UI is generally not repeatable, even by that person.

Better to use a code formatter that can be pushed into the standard
development pipeline. For example:

http://code.revelc.net/formatter-maven-plugin/format-mojo.html

Which uses Eclipse's ECJ and a standard xml file to handle
configuration, and that xml can be committed to the source code too,
and then everyone can do it and it becomes the source of truth for
formatting.