Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Rick <cr...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/11 15:06:14 UTC

TUSCANY-1039 help

Looking at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1039
Right now for me the axis2 binding is not loading in a standalone because of
this:  There is a NoClassDefFoundError loading
org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.Axis2BindingBuilder because it's not finding
javax/servlet/Servlet.  I know ultimately it should not reference this, but lets
put this aside for now.  The scdl for this binding has axis2.0 binding as a
dependency and that has servlet-api. I also locally changed the scope directly
there to "compile" to make sure it was required.  Debugging I found
org.apache.tuscany.spi.deployer.CompositeClassLoader is the classloader and I
noticed in the fields ucp.path where there are the other dependencies listed too
the URL ....m2/repository/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.4/servlet-api-2.4.jar
Just to make certain I unzipped that jar to find javax/servlet/Servlet.class

I'm at a loss as to why this isn't loading?  Is "javax/...." special ? Only
loaded by the system extension loader ?  Any insight would be appreciated.

thanks