Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Luiz Filipe <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/08 22:04:41 UTC

how are you? I would like to ask for help on the Nifi

How do I create different users to access the nifi web interface?

Re: how are you? I would like to ask for help on the Nifi

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Hi Luiz,

To create additional users, click the global menu in the top right corner, select “Users” and you will be presented with a dialog to add and update users. The “Configuring Users and Access Policies” section of the Apache NiFi Administration Guide [1] has step-by-step instructions for this process. Configuring individual users is predicated on having NiFi secured via HTTPS, and you can use LDAP, Kerberos, OpenID Connect, or client TLS certificates to authenticate your users. You can also configure Apache Ranger [2] to work with NiFi for user authorization and policy management.

Finally, Bryan Bende has written a tutorial for administering users with lots of screenshots here [3].

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#config-users-access-policies <https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#config-users-access-policies>
[2] https://bryanbende.com/development/2016/08/22/apache-nifi-1.0.0-using-the-apache-ranger-authorizer <https://bryanbende.com/development/2016/08/22/apache-nifi-1.0.0-using-the-apache-ranger-authorizer>
[3] https://bryanbende.com/development/2016/08/17/apache-nifi-1-0-0-authorization-and-multi-tenancy <https://bryanbende.com/development/2016/08/17/apache-nifi-1-0-0-authorization-and-multi-tenancy>

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com