Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Andres Rangel <an...@corp.moniker.com> on 2008/11/24 22:05:26 UTC

How to catch the event when the "FAILOVER" connection goes down and swithes to another broker

Hi,

We have a network of brokers ( 2 nodes)  servicing the clients.

I would like to capture the event when one of the connections switches
from one broker to the other (because one of the

Nodes goes down)

If we use a normal transport with no reconnect option, then we can
capture the event by registering  to the exceptionListener.

But if is failover, how can I capture this event?

Thanks

--

Andres Rangel

Sw Engineer

Moniker.com

Re: How to catch the event when the "FAILOVER" connection goes down and swithes to another broker

Posted by WhiteSock <wh...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

   You can use the following codes:

ActiveMQConnection con = (ActiveMQConnection)connection;
con.addTransportListener(new TransportListener() {

	@Override
	public void onCommand(Object command) {
	}

	@Override
	public void onException(IOException error) {
	}

	@Override
	public void transportInterupted() {
	}

	@Override
	public void transportResumed() {
	}
});

    cheers

Re: How to catch the event when the "FAILOVER" connection goes down and swithes to another broker

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
Check out:
http://activemq.apache.org/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/transport/TransportListener.html

You will get an interrupted and resumed event on failover.

--
http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source SOA
http://FUSESource.com