Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Christoph Jaeger <ch...@dhl.com> on 2004/02/06 10:47:49 UTC

Page Breaks

I read some discussion in the archives about adding page breaks in Excel
sheets to POI's functionality (must have been around August last year).
A developer was writing that is is just implementing page breaks and
wanted some input of how users would like the methods to look like.

However, I can not find any further mentioning of page breaks (what I
was looking for is something like: it's working now, just use
sheet.setPageBreak(...)).

Are simple page breaks implemented yet? I had a look at the javadocs,
but there I can not find any method which would look to me like it would
solve my issue. But then again, maybe I am looking at the wrong place

What I want to do is create a excel sheet, which contains information
about shipments, with several rows per shipment, and on a printout I
would like every shipment to start on a new page. Is this currently
possible?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Christoph Jäger

Re: Page Breaks

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.
In case you're not looking at the news blog or dev list, the latest CVS
build has page break support.

Re: Page Breaks

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.
yeah, they're mainly new methods.  No binary incompatible changes on the
  usermodel side.

Re: Page Breaks

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.

Re: Page Breaks

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.