Posted to builds@apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/17 16:56:32 UTC

[Hudson] New Hudson - no longer have access to jobs

Not sure if this is due to the host upgrade or the Hudson upgrade.

Previously Hudson used to support the notion of "jobs" - small scripts
that could be used to fix minor problems in the work area etc.
JMeter used to have one which could be used to reset its Version,java
file (which otherwise tends to get mangled when the SVN version is
updated).

Any idea what happened to these?

Re: [Hudson] New Hudson - no longer have access to jobs

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 1:49 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are they now completely gone or can you point to
>> somewhere in our installation where I can have a look?
>
> They seem to be completely gone.

Wierd. All plugins (except for the disk usage) from the old
installation are active on the new master. If you somehow could find
some pointer to where this functionality comes from (Hudson
documentation, plugin documentation) that would make it easier to find
out why it's missing.

/niklas

Re: [Hudson] New Hudson - no longer have access to jobs

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18 August 2010 14:48, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 2:15 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> However, I've had a look at the Hudson docs, and found the following
>>
>> http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Batch+Task+Plugin
>>
>> Sorry, I'd misremembered the name - they were called "tasks" not "jobs".
>>
>> Looks like that plugin has not been brought forward to the new installation.
>
> My bad, I've now installed the plugin on the new master and prepared
> Hudson for shutdown. When it's down, I'll complete the installation of
> the plugin.

OK, thanks.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18 August 2010 12:58, Gav... <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

I thought they were part of the original Hudson installation.

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

stop drip feeding us with half sentences please and provide all the info you
can into
helping us fix the problem or you could be waiting a long time.

Gav...

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 4:56 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Previously Hudson used to support the notion of "jobs" - small scripts
> that could be used to fix minor problems in the work area etc.
> JMeter used to have one which could be used to reset its Version,java
> file (which otherwise tends to get mangled when the SVN version is
> updated).

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this. Where would these be set up
inside Hudson? Are they now completely gone or can you point to