Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mahmood Mohammed <ma...@insevo.com> on 2002/09/03 22:46:54 UTC

bad types

Hi

I wrote to execute a sample client problem, It through the following Bad
types error,

// Set up serialization encoding for the Widget object
qname = new QName( NAMESPACE_URI, "address" );
call.registerTypeMapping( Address.class, qname,
		new AddressSerFactory(),
		new AddressDeserFactory() );

call.addParameter( "arg1", qname, ParameterMode.IN );
call.setReturnType( Constants.XSD_STRING );

Address addr = new Address();
addr.setName( "my name" );
addr.setStreet( "my street" );
addr.setCity( "my city");
addr.setState( "ca");
addr.setZip( "99899");
addr.setCountry( "USA" );

response = ( String )call.invoke( new Object[]{addr} ); // response is
name( string ).

============== ERROR =====================
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad types (null -> class java.lang.String)
at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.jav
a:135) 	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(Deseriali
zationContextImpl.java:904) 	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser
.java:559) 	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.handleEndElement(XMLNamespaceB
inder.java:853) 	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.endElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.
java:643)

I am trying to figure out what is wrong in the client problem?
Any input is appreciated?

Thanks
mohammed